Since 2004 Bay State Fencers has been committed to ensuring that every fencer who joins us, young or old, novice or expert, achieves his or her athletic goals through fencing. We strive to make this journey an enriching and satisfying experience for everyone, regardless of his or her goals.
Our Academy programming begins with a semi-private First Lesson to introduce the sport of fencing to interested children, teens, and adults. Love your First Lesson? If so, apply the $35 value of your lesson when you enroll in a Youth Learn to Fence class or an Adult Learn to Fence class.
After one or two terms in a Learn to Fence class students move up to either a Youth Epee class or an Adult Epee class. Generally, youth students remain in an Epee Class for 6 to 8 months before being invited to join the Competitive Program. Adult students generally remain in an Epee Class for 6 to 8 months before becoming a Club Member or a Competitive Club Member.
- Class registration is completed online, or during business hours at the front desk. We accept Cash, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- If you would like to transfer to a future session or cancel your enrollment BEFORE the first day of class please email email@example.com to be transferred or issued a credit , minus a $15.00 cancellation fee for each class or program cancelled.
- No Refunds or Transfers will be given AFTER the first day of class for any reason including: no-show, illness, or prior obligation. Transfers due to injury will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If BSF cancels a fencing class session you will have the option of transferring to another session of the same program or receiving a full refund of all program fees. USA Fencing fees are non-refundable.
- If Bay State Fencers must cancel any class or program due to inclement weather a make-up option will be offered. Make-up classes are usually offered during winter, spring, and summer school vacation weeks.
Fencers must be dressed in full protective fencing gear every time they participate in bouts, drills or competitions. Each coach will determine if the student needs full or partial protective attire for private lessons.
- Underarm Protector
- Chest Protector (mandatory for females – optional for males)
- Knee Length Socks
- Fencing, Tennis, or Court Shoes
A fencer who is not wearing appropriate protective fencing attire will not be allowed to participate in class.
Bay State Fencers, as a Member Club of USA Fencing, is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for athletes’ physical, emotional and social development, and to ensuring that it promotes an environment free of misconduct.
USA Fencing is committed to improving the development and safety of athletes and participants involved in sport. Unfortunately, sport can be a high-risk environment for misconduct, including child physical and sexual abuse. While child physical and sexual abuse is one type of misconduct, it is important to remember that this policy covers many inappropriate behaviors that do not involve children at all. This policy applies regardless of the ages of the individuals involved in the alleged activity.
Primary types of misconduct addressed in the SafeSport Policy:
- Sexual Misconduct, including Child Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Misconduct
- Physical Misconduct
All forms of misconduct are intolerable and in direct conflict with USA Fencing ideals.
Effective August 1, 2017, the Center will have exclusive authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations involving sexual misconduct. USA Fencing will retain the authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations that are non-sexual in nature, including physical misconduct, emotional misconduct, bullying, hazing and harassment; although, at USA Fencing’s request, the Center may exercise the discretionary authority to take on these cases.
To learn more please visit USA Fencing Safe Sport