Private lessons are a vital part of a fencer’s competitive training program. BSF Club Members and students enrolled in any level of Epee Class or Competitive Program may take private lessons. Working with a private lesson coach is both a privilege and a responsibility. Coaches are committed to assisting fencers to attain their athletic and competitive goals by developing an individualized program of training for each fencer.
Coaches develop an individualized private lesson program to meet the training needs of each athlete. Lessons are arranged directly with the Lesson Coach.
- $45 per 30-minute private lesson
- Payment due at time of lesson
- Missed lessons are non-refundable
It is essential that fencers only work with one private lesson Coach at a time since a great deal of time and effort is invested in developing an individualized program of training. Conflicting methods of training can be detrimental to a fencer’s athletic development.
- Private Lessons are by appointment only and are scheduled directly with your lesson coach in-person, by cell phone, or by email.
- DO NOT leave messages for your lesson coach on the BSF voicemail.
- Payment is due in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or personal check. Forgetting, or neglecting, to pay for lessons is poor etiquette.
- Once a lesson is scheduled you are financially responsible for that lesson fee.
- If you cannot make a scheduled private lesson, it is imperative that you let your coach know as soon as you know.
- Fencers who do not cancel or reschedule their private lesson will be charged for the missed lesson.
- Arrive on time and be dressed and ready at your scheduled lesson time.
- If you are going to be late, for any reason, your lesson coach must be contacted directly by cell phone.