Epee fencing is a multi-dimensional sport that teaches young people to enjoy winning and to profit from defeat. Fencers become physically fit while training and they learn to outwit their opponents using strategy, technique, and physical endurance. These skills help fencers learn to make complex decisions, to analyze problems, and to think quickly.
This First Lesson is for anyone curious about the sport of fencing. Coaches tailor the experience to the needs of each participant.
Warm-up, stretch, hook-up to the electronic scoring equipment. Learn the en-garde position, advance and retreat, and the salute.
Uniform and equipment rental INCLUDED
Suggested Next Class
Learn to Fence
About the First Lesson
- 1 X 45-minute semi-private lesson (limited to 4 students)
- May NOT be repeated
- Wear long athletic pants, t-shirt and tennis or court shoes
- First Lesson is FREE when the student enrolls in Learn to Fence within 7 days
Kids First Lesson: Ages 7 to 9
Offered most Tuesdays
3:00 pm to 3:45 pm
Youth First Lesson: Ages 13 to 15
Offered most Thursdays
3:00 pm to 3:45 pm
Teen First Lesson: Ages 10 to 12
Offered most Fridays
3:30 pm to 4:15 pm
|3:30pm||9:30am||Adult LTF 16+|
|4:00pm||Kids LTF: 7-9||Youth LTF: 10-12||10:00am|
|4:30pm||Teen LTF: 13-15||10:30am||Adult Epee 16+ Class & Bouting|
|5:00pm||Junior Competitive||Kids Epee: 7-9||Youth Epee: 10-12||11:00am|
|5:30pm||Junior Competitive||Teen Epee: 13-15||11:30am|
|7:00pm||Footwork||Competitive||Open Fencing||Footwork||Competitive||Open Fencing||Competitive||1:00pm|
|7:30pm||Adult LTF: 21+||Adult Epee: 21+ Class & Bouting||1:30pm|
- Class registration is completed online, or during business hours at the front desk. We accept Cash, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- After you have registered if you would like to transfer to a future session or cancel your enrollment BEFORE the first day of class please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be transferred or issued a credit, minus a $15.00 cancellation fee for each class or program canceled.
- No Refunds or Transfers will be given AFTER the first day of class for any reason including no-show, illness, or prior obligation. Transfers due to injury will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If BSF cancels a fencing class session you will have the option of transferring to another session of the same program or receiving a full refund of all program fees. USA Fencing fees are non-refundable.
- If Bay State Fencers must cancel any class or program due to inclement weather a make-up option will be offered. Make-up classes are usually offered during winter, spring, and summer school vacation weeks.
Bay State Fencers, as a Member Club of USA Fencing, is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for athletes’ physical, emotional and social development, and to ensuring that it promotes an environment free of misconduct.
USA Fencing is committed to improving the development and safety of athletes and participants involved in sport. Unfortunately, sport can be a high-risk environment for misconduct, including child physical and sexual abuse. While child physical and sexual abuse is one type of misconduct, it is important to remember that this policy covers many inappropriate behaviors that do not involve children at all. This policy applies regardless of the ages of the individuals involved in the alleged activity.
Primary types of misconduct addressed in the SafeSport Policy:
- Sexual Misconduct, including Child Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Misconduct
- Physical Misconduct
All forms of misconduct are intolerable and in direct conflict with USA Fencing ideals.
Effective August 1, 2017, the Center will have exclusive authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations involving sexual misconduct. USA Fencing will retain the authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations that are non-sexual in nature, including physical misconduct, emotional misconduct, bullying, hazing, and harassment; although, at USA Fencing’s request, the Center may exercise the discretionary authority to take on these cases.
To learn more please visit USA Fencing Safe Sport